Santa Claus joins Team East Lothian at cross country event
TEAM East Lothian (TEL) hosted a fun festive cross country at Whitekirk Hill on Saturday.
Runners of all ages took part in the hilly cross country route and were rewarded with a stunning location, plenty of prizes, cheery marshals and even Santa making an appearance as the tail runner.
As well as entries from local running clubs, thanks to good promotion from Active Schools there was excellent representation in the under-nine and under-11 races from East Lothian primary schools.
All children in the youngest age categories were presented with a Santa medal – which was well deserved as the hill they had to climb was quite an elevation.
In the under-13, under-15, under-17 and senior races, there were registrations from local running clubs: Dunbar, Musselburgh, Haddington and Portobello, as well as runners from further afield including Norham Running Club, Falkirk Victoria Harriers, Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Dundee clubs, as well as George Heriot’s School.
Some of the category winners are listed below, with the full results on Team East Lothian’s Twitter page and website.
- Under-nine boys – 1.6k: 1. Gregor Wright (Haddington); 2. Kaelan Vass (Haddington); 3. Benjamin Anderson (Falkirk Victoria Harriers).
- Under-nine girls – 1.6k: 1. Martha Turner (Musselburgh); 2. Nina Middleton (Musselburgh); 3. Esme Wells (unattached).
- Under-11 boys – 1.6k: 1. Mason Vass (Haddington); 2. Blair Aitken (unattached); 3. Will Gabe (unattached).
- Under-11 girls – 1.6k: 1. Tess Russell (TEL/Dunbar); 2. Eva Tandy (Haddington); 3. Annabel Dove (unattached).
- Under-13 boys – 3.1k: 1. Josh Cooper (TEL); 2. Jacob Lamb (TEL); 3. Tim Rose (George Heriot’s).
- Under-13 girls – 3.1k: 1. Imogen Turner (Haddington); 2. Skye Robertson (Falkirk Victoria Harriers); 3. Flora Lawson (TEL).
- Under-15 boys – 3.1k: 1. Howie Allison (TEL); 2. Magnus Lawson (TEL); 3. Charlie Copp (TEL).
- Under-15 girls – 3.1k: 1. Emily Atkinson (Haddington); 2. Lois Thomson (TEL); 3. Rachel Barnett (Dunfermline).
- Under-17/Under 20/Seniors/Masters – 6.2k (the top three male and female runners are listed; for the category positions, see the full results on the Team East Lothian Twitter page or website).
- Men: 1. Ronnie Brown (TEL); 2. Angus Wright (TEL); 3. Johnny Lawson (Portobello).
- Women: 1. Olivia Robbins (TEL); 2. Rachel Stevens (TEL); 3. Ella Nicholson (TEL).
All at Team East Lothian were delighted with the support from across the community and thanked the volunteers, marshals, and all at Whitekirk Hill who gave permission for the event.